Cosmopolitan Dental is a full service dental practice, located in Midtown Manhattan, specializing in dental implant restoration. Whether your missing tooth is the result of periodontitis, tooth decay or an injury, we can help restore your smile with a beautiful new dental implant restoration that looks and functions just like a real tooth.
Significantly stronger than bridges or dentures, a dental implant offers a single and permanent solution to a lost tooth. The implant is integrated into your jaw with a small titanium screw and over the course of several months naturally bonds with your mouth. This procedure is relatively simple and is effective in almost all cases, so there's no need to put off restoring that great smile. Of course, we at Cosmopolitan Dental will make sure that you're kept comfortable and informed throughout the implant process.
A dental implant is a titanium metal replacement for a "tooth root". It acts as the root structure would for a natural tooth and are meant to replicate the natural function and appearance of a lost tooth. A dental implant is surgically implanted into the jaw and once allowed to osseo-integrate for two to six months, they are used to permanently anchor crowns, dentures or bridges.
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved Speech: With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that your teeth might slip.
- Improved Comfort: Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier Eating: Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved Self-Esteem: Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental implants don't require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving your long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability: Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good oral care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience: Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing your dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep your dentures in place.
If you are missing a single tooth or multiple teeth, dental implants are the way to go. They are the most natural looking way to replace missing teeth. Dental implants help maintain the integrity of the jawbone and prevent deterioration of the bone that can take place with missing teeth. It's important to replace missing teeth as soon as possible for the full function of chewing and for a healthy, happy smile.